SantaPress is a WordPress Advent Calendar Plugin that makes it easy for you to provide an individual advent calendar on your website to surprise your visitors every day with a small gift until Christmas. Provided with 8 layouts and many great features (such as many customization options, snowfall, hidden mode etc.), this plugin makes your visitors want to come back every day.
Open doors as single pages, modal windows (popup), external links or link directly to WooCommerce products (if you have the WooCommerce plugin installed).
Choose between automatic modal layouts (each calendar layout brings its own modal layout) or customize the modal (easily change width, add a solid background color or a gradient, add a snowflake pattern or a Santa hat).
Quiz – Each door can have its own trivia. Further SantaPress integrates with the popular Contact Form 7 plugin which you can use to show a contact form after an answer is correct. Further you can set correct and incorrect responses either globally or individually on each door.
8 beautiful layouts with 25 door images each. That makes a total of 200 door images to choose from.
Use your own layout and upload your own door images.
Set the number of days for your calendar so you can decide whether you need 24 doors, 25 doors or any other number.
Hidden Mode – which initially hides the calendar and lets the calendar slide in after a preset amount of time or by using custom CSS triggers.
Use multiple calendars on your site.
Click Tracking: Track your clicks for each door for logged-out users only and logged-in users (except administrators).
More options available (Preview mode, Show/hide titles, Shuffle doors, Disable past doors).
Responsive and Retina/HiDPI.
GDPR conform: The plugin doesn’t load any external scripts, everything is within the plugin. Tracking mode only tracks clicks and no IP addresses.
Clean and commented code.
Last update (Version 1.6.2):
= 1.6.2 =
* fix: fix on acf answer boolean fields
= 1.6.1 =
* fix: acf compatibility
= 1.6.0 =
* Added compatibility for WordPress 6.0.2
* Added compatibility for ACF 6.0.2
* Added compatibility for Contact Form 5.6.3
= 1.5.5 =
fix: prevent flickering on iPhone/mobile Safari (-webkit-backface-visibility)
fix: added default box-sizing property to all modals
fix: theme compatibility (visibility for modal)
fix: replaced php date() with current_time() to compare past days with timezone set in wordpress
feat: added door-past and door-current classes to doors
= 1.5.4 =
fix: added nonce to answers on regular pages
fix: IMPORTANT security bugfix while fetching door content through ajax
= 1.5.3 =
fix: fixed decoding issue in quiz answers
= 1.5.2 =
fix: quiz was loading twice in modal due to a content filter function
fix: acf path bugfix when acf was detected on site
= 1.5.1 =
fix: ACF compatibilty
fix: using $this->version instead of $version which led to a warning in class-santapress-admin.php
fix: ajax request were not passing the content filter (which also adds the quiz automatically if no shortcode was found)
= 1.5.0 =
* refactor: all public ajax calls are now made by using WordPress ajax functions
* feat: comments are now allowed on single door posts (not modal)
* feat: users can now choose number of cols via shortcode attribute (see https://santapress.halloecho.de/docs/#shortcode)
* fix: acf enqueue warnings when acf was detected on site
* fix: stop playing video after closing the modal
* fix: moved santaprass scripts to footer
* fix: Contact Form 7 (> v5.4) compatibilty (wpcf7.initForm > wpcf7.init)
* fix: css adjustment/fixes and security improvements
= 1.4.2 =
* feat: New option to select an embed mode for modal within global settings - you can now choose between ajax and iFrame integration
* fix: door categories display
= 1.4.1 =
* build: WordPress 5.8 compatibility check => done
* build: updated acf version
* fix: acf compatibility issues when ACF is already activated on site
= 1.4.0 =
* feat: door categories
* fix: jquery modal compatibility fixes
= 1.3.10 =
* fix: modal not appearing on some themes (multiple uses of the_content() within the final door page)
= 1.3.9 =
* fix: compatibly with newer WC versions
* fix: prevent SantaPress from hiding custom field on other post types
* fix: disable past doors
* fix: CSS improvements
* feat: added WPML compatibilty
= 1.3.8 =
* fix: CSS bugfixes (mobile adjustments)
* fix: titles in nav menu disappeared when you open doors as _blank pages
* feat: show error message in console when modal content can't be fetched
= 1.3.7 =
* fix: bugfix modal (jquery-modal should run in noConflict() mode) to be compatible with themes that are using bootstrap modal or other plugins (e.g. Avada)
* fix: option "disable past doors" returned indexOf undefined because there was no door link in preview mode
* fix: when option "show title" was disbled the door post id couldn't be not fetched
* fix: minor js bugfix
= 1.3.6 =
* fix: css bugfix in modal when showing santapress hat and snow flake pattern
* fix: php bugfix
= 1.3.5 =
* fix: bugfix in regular expression
* build: 1.3.5 - tested compatibilty with WP 5.5.1
= 1.3.4 =
* feat: new variable „hide_after_close“ in hidden mode shortcode
= 1.3.3 =
* feat: individual correct/incorrect reponses on each door (not only globally)
= 1.3.2 =
* fix: wpcf7 integration to regular posts (not only after quiz answers) - thanks to Tojama
= 1.3.1 =
* Code & security adjustments
= 1.3.0 =
* New Features
* Compiled jQuery Modal CSS into santapress CSS
* Compiled jQuery Modal JS into santapress JS
* Minfied CSS and JS
* Introduced Quiz
* Many Code and graphical changes
= 1.2.0 =
* Added SantaPress snow
* Added auto door layouts
* Added hidden mode and more shortcodes
* Made door type global
* WPMU compatibility
= 1.1.0 =
* Added different sections in settings page
* Localization changes
* Code cleanups
= 1.0.0 =
* Initial Release